The famous Metal used in many industries and daily uses stainless steel invented by Harry brearley in 1913. We use many things in daily life that is made up of stainless steel. The uses, properties and its uniqueness make it different from other metal.
Let’s See the Different Uniqueness of Stainless Steel Metal
- Invented by harry brearley in 1913, done an experiment with many different types of metals to make weapons and noticed that metal contain 13% of chromium does not rust even after several years.
- Can be given any shapes, tube, wires, strip, sheets, and bars etc. Used in Many industries for hardware’s, kitchen utensils, kitchen worktops, surgical industries, aircrafts, chemical, etc.
- The manufacturing of stainless steel is divided into 6 processes. Melting and casting, forming, heat treatment, de-scaling, cutting, and finishing.
- There are five different metal combine to make stainless steel in required quantity. Austenitic has a combination of 18% chromium and 10% nickel. Martensitic contain 12-15% chromium, 0.2-1% molybdenum, and 0.1-1% carbon. Ferritic contains between 10.5% until 27% chromium. Another two groups are duplex and precipitation hardening.
- China is the top producer of stainless steel,
- Stainless steel expands and contrasts when temperature varies.
The name says stainless steel, but the stainless steel is not stain proof. Stainless steel have ability to resistance and corrosion free and does not rusted for several years.
Stainless steel comes in soap, but does not have anti-bacterial and germ protection capacity. The soap shape stainless steel contain sulfur compound and been able to reduce the odor. Rubbing the bar after being in contact should reduce the odor of garlic, fish or onion.
Many metals in the world can be recycled and stainless steel is also including in this category. The end of life cycle ratio of stainless steel is 80% to 90% leaving not much to waste.